BA, GradDipPsych (Hons), MPsych(Clin)
About meMy clinical experience derives from working with clients in community health and private practice setting. I work with adult clients experiencing a broad range of issues. In addition to the areas of work listed below, I have a particular interest in helping clients recover from OCD. I enjoy helping clients build insight and skills to create change which is meaningful and guided by client’s values.
How I will work with youInitially our focus will be to gain a good understanding of the issues that bring you to therapy and identify goals you would like to work toward. Based on this, a treatment plan will be devised in collaboration with you. My therapeutic style is warm, empathic and encouraging. Creating change in our lives can be challenging, but is easier when we have the right tools and support, and this is something I can help you with. In my work, I draw on a variety of evidence-based frameworks, guided by treatment objectives and what works for you.
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Dual diagnosis (Alcohol and other Drugs & Mental Health)
- Grief and loss
- Major life transitions and existential issues
- Emotional regulation
- Stress management
My therapeutic approaches
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Mindfulness-based frameworks e.g., Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Exposure and Response Prevention (ERP)
- Motivational Interviewing