Counselling Psychologist NDIS Provider
B. App. Sc.,B.B.Sc.,PG.Dip.App.Psych., MPsych(Counselling), MAPS
About MeWhile I have experience and interest in a variety of issues, I have a special interest in supporting people with chronic and terminal illness and their families to achieve the best quality of life. I recognise that emotional recovery from such significant experiences brings unique challenges to both those suffering the illness and their families.
I have specialised expertise as a Counselling Psychologist, have a Masters in Psychology (Counselling), am a member of the College of Counselling Psychologists, and The Australian Psychological Association. My psychological expertise is enhanced by several qualifications in nursing and midwifery and the many years working as a registered nurse in chronic illness.
How I will work with youMy personal style as a psychologist is warm, interactive, respectful and compassionate. My therapeutic approach emphasises the uniqueness of each individual and is underpinned by evidence based practice. I incorporate my extensive clinical training with a strong commitment to holistic wellbeing.
My key skills:
- Anxiety, stress and depression treatment
- Self-esteem and confidence
- Managing adjustment to major life changes
- Support/guidance and treatment for grief and loss
- Relationship issues
- Substance abuse counselling
My therapeutic approaches:
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT),
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Solution Focussed therapy
- Interpersonal Therapy (IPT)
- Motivational Interviewing (MI).
- Schema Therapy
- Attachment Focussed therapy